It seems that everyone has it out for Guybrush Treepwood lately in the latest installment of Tales of Monkey Island. After being knocked out and kidnapped by the lovely Morgan Le Flay, Guybrush, once again finds himself heading towards the shores of Flotsam Island.
As most of you know the deranged doctor De Singe has been dying to get his hands on Guybrush since he originally washed up on the shores of Flotsam in the first installment. Will Guybrush finally meet his end at the hands of De Singe? Will he stand trial in pirate court and pretend he is Phoenix Wright? Or will he finally sell some fine leather jackets? You’ll find out in this exciting and second to last episode in the Tales of Monkey Island series.
Since the Trail & Execution of Guybrush Treepwood is almost as short as the previous installment Lair of the Leviathan… I will be give you a brief detailing of fun events that are featured in the game without any bit of story or puzzle solving elements.
- Use dramatics and guilt to make people feel bad!
- Trick the jailer to escape jail without the use of a dog bone!
- Learn about third party marketing of your likeness.
- See female Pirate on Pirate hunter action in what could be the hottest Caribbean cat fight ever.
- Learn the art of using a glass eye to capture the eyes of others.
- Deal with a psychotic pirate wench who has it out for you.
- Learn how to deal with the hottest pepper in all the Carribean.
- Learn how to give yourself brain surgery!
- Navigate the woods of Flotsam that almost rival that of the lost woods.
- And much much more!
While this episode wraps up many of the problems and questions that have been brought up there is going to be so many questions left unanswered to shake a pirate sword at. After playing this episode I can’t wait to play the next one and I hope Telltale has an epic finale ready for everyone’s enjoyment. Especially after what transpired in this episode.
Review based on a PC review copy provided by the publisher.