We last left off with Guybrush Treepwood and his self elected first mate as they sail from spinner clay. They are well on their way to finding the elusive ‘La Esponja el Grande’. The one relic that is the cure to the dreaded evil pox that Guybrush has released on the Caribbean.
While out at sea well on their way to their next destination, until Guybrush gets attacked by the ferocious pirate hunter Morgan LeFlay. She tells him that she was hired by the Marquis De Singe to bring him back to Flotsam Island alive so that De Singe can dissect Guybrush and learn the secrets of the Pox.
However, all does not go according to Morgan’s plan as the ship they are on, the Screaming Narwhal, is swallowed by a huge Manatee.
Since Lair of the Leviathan is a short story in a string of episodic games, I feel that divulging anymore of the games plot or story would detract from the fun of it. However, I will mention a few of the advantages of playing this episode.
- See and explore the inside of a Giant Manatee!
- Taste the wonders of Ichor!
- Have a Face Staring contest with your swallowed up buddies.
- Learn how to make friends with a person who is trying to kill you.
- Deal with a psychotic lunatic trapped in the stomach of a sea creature.
- Trick an evil paranormal talking skull!
- Slide through various orifices!
- Learn the very seductive language of the Manatee!
- And much much more!
While this episode isn’t the hardest one in the series. The episode did seem a little shorter than the others. I would also suggest that you guys try this episode out on the PC, since the Wii versions aren’t as pretty and spiffy.
Review based on a evaluation copy provided by the Publisher for the PC.