– The upcoming game Dead or Alive Dimensions pays homage to Metroid: Other M with a Ridley boss fight stage and a cameo by everyone’s favorite bounty hunter (video in link). I wonder if Samus will be authorized to enter the fray herself. Or keep her clothes on. It’s a DoA game, after all. ( Joystiq )
– New details emerge regarding the 3DS’s built-in utility apps, such as Game Memo, Friend List, and Notification Applet. The in-game notepad features of Game Memo will definitely come in handy for those times you want to take notes and can’t be arsed to kill a few trees, which were probably asking for it anyway. I’m kidding. Probably. ( MTV Multiplayer )
– Not sure whether to pick up a 3DS at launch? If you’re holding out for some sort of delectable price drop/3DS redesign combo before taking the plunge, Nintendo says don’t hold your breath.
Iwata: Yeah. (laughs) When making Nintendo 3DS, we used all our tricks for Nintendo DS Lite’and more’for cutting down on size right from the start.
Not that there’s much wrong with the 3DS’s form factor – in fact, shrinking it further would probably just decrease the already diminutive battery life even more. And this could just be an attempt to quell the discontent of gamers who balked at the price tag and figure a 3DS lite would be an inevitability anyway. What do you think? ( Iwata Asks )
– Following the fanfare surrounding Sony’s upcoming successor to the PSP, codenamed NGP, Iwata has remained tight-lipped but did share this fist-pump inducing comment: “What we do won’t change because of what another company is doing.” Dang, son. I couldn’t think of a better way to sum up the stark contrast between Nintendo and Sony’s design philosophy in one snappy sentence. Especially in light of Sony’s (and Microsoft’s) frequent insistence upon imitation over innovation. Perhaps now would be a fun time to bring up the Wired article which said that if Sony were ever to copy the Wii and come out with their own motion controller, “it would be strong evidence that Sony is a company without a rudder. Without a clear vision of the future. With no idea which way the wind is blowing. A follower, not a leader.” A rumor which Sony roundly denied at the time, yet turned out to be 100% correct. Whee, history! ( USA Today )
– The second winner of our t-shirt giveaway, Paul of Rocklin, still has not stepped forward to claim his prize! Come on, buddy – that free t-shirt’s not gonna wear itself. Paul, please email us within a week or a new winner of the second free t-shirt will be selected. I swear I’m crazy enough to do it! ( Infendo )