The upcoming issue of Nintendo Power allegedly gives Metroid Prime 3 a perfect 10/10 score based on the following:
- First Wii game that you couldn’t confuse graphically with last-gen
- Great artwork
- Incredible feeling of immersion
- Flawless level design; tons of freedom to explore but you always have the feeling that you’re at the right place at the right time. Sounds like the game does a remarkable job of nudging you as to what to do without giving it away.
- Best platforming design in a first person shooter
- Gestures for pulling levers, etc markedly improved from earlier demos
Before you dismiss the publication’s critique for being owned by Nintendo proper, remember the magazine has given unfavorable reviews to Nintendo published games in the past. Incidentally, not even Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Zelda: Twilight Princess received a 10 from Nintendo Power.
Like you needed to know that anyway before buying the game…