Ultimate NES Remix will bring the popular retro Nintendo experience to a portable for the first time on November 7th in Europe and December 5th in North America. During today’s Nintendo Direct stream, we learned a thing or two about the 3DS title:
- According to Bill Trinen, the game “contains the best parts of the first two [NES Remix] games.” I’m a little worried about this, actually, as it seems it won’t contain the full experience of the two Wii U eShop games. However, we have a few consolation prizes…
- Ultimate NES Remix has an unlockable Famicom Remix mode. As the name suggests, this mode will allow you to play additional challenges that could only be found in the Japanese version of NES Remix before.
- Speed Mario Bros. is a mode that contains the entirety of the NES classic Super Mario Bros. The draw here is that every element to the game, from Mario to the music, moves at a blinding pace.
- For the first time in an NES Remix game, online leaderboards will be available to peruse. Also, you can sometimes watch replays of the top players’ performances if the replay button appears.
- Daily challenges will hopefully encourage those who pick up Ultimate NES Remix to play it on a daily basis. Challenges will simply be specific minigames from the overall collection chosen by Nintendo each day.
- For a limited amount of time, those who purchase Ultimate NES Remix will get a special Famicom 3DS theme for free.
Does having the NES Remix experience on the go appeal to you? Let us know in a comment below.