When you think of great games that have been released for the Cube since it’s birth in 2001, what comes to mind? I remember when I first bought GCN at wally-world. There was a mini-line of uber game geeks waiting for the midnight release of the system. I purchased Rogue Squadron II and instantly feel in love with the system.
As I think back over the past few years, several games come to mind (in no particular order).
- Wind Waker. Man you were a good game. You got harassed, that’s for sure, but you proved the skeptics (myself included) wrong. Incredibly fun and personable game.
- Metroid Prime. Thank you Retro for one of the most refreshing games of the current generation.
- Resident Evil. I actually got embarrassed as a 22 year old wanting to turn the light on while playing you. The jumping through the window dogs still give me the creeps.
- Eternal Darkness. Really special and creative game. The insanity meter alone was worth it.
- Mario Party 4. spawned my love for party games.
- Bomberman Generation. Man did you mess with my accounting grade.
- RE4. Even the wife liked this one. This is how all remakes should be done and will be the runner-up game of the year if the new Zelda is all it’s cracked up to be.
- Mario Golf. Quick, easy, and fun.
What am I missing? What would be on your list?