CodeNameRevolution has a nice scoop on the upcoming Nintendo Power, July issue. Here is the best of the best, but follow the source link for full details:
- The 17-Page Blowout on Wii information starts off with screenshots and little previews of numerous [E3] games.
- Nintendo Power interviews Tomb Raider creator Toby Gard. When asked about Wii he replied “To be honest with you, I don’t know an awful lot about (Wii). I haven’t got any of the inside scoops yet… I’m a huge fan of Nintendo. It’s always been sort of a dream of mine to work with Nintendo.”
- “Reggie to Rumble” exclusive Nintendo Power interview. It’s three pages long. Speaks about Nintendo being an “And” company and his challenges before E3… He says the two key weaknesses of the Gamecube were that first the launch lineup was not diverse and strong enough from first-party/third-party perspective. Secondly after the launch window there was too much of a long gap of getting the next round of great titles out.
- Nintendo Power was asked about NiGHTS and they had the following to say: “Actually, if there’s any existing franchise that seems tailer-made for Wii, it’s NiGHTS. Rumors from Japan suggest that such a game is in development, but Sega of America denies its existence. We’ll keep buggin’ em.”
- Nintendo Power says nearly every major developer has at least one game in development for Wii’s launch window. Also a section on a few fan reactions to Wii name.
- August 2006 Nintendo Power issue will have a look at “Wii at E3? and finally some breaking details on The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
[via Go Nintendo]