For the first time since July of 2011, Nintendo’s stock has jumped by 4%. The increase may allow Nintendo to join the Nikkei 225 stock average. Some factors in the jump are as follows:
- Influx of new video game titles (Some of which have projected release dates)
- Stellar sales of the 3DS (225,000 units last week)
- High profile sales for games such as Animal Crossing: New Leaf
- China’s potential lifting of ban on consoles (Nintendo could profit the most form this due to their family friendly nature)
“The stock is up from mixing all these factors. The stock is in a upward trend. There may be some investors who are forced to buy back the shares.”
– Takashi Oba, a senior strategist at Okasan Securities Co.