- 16 million Nintendo DSs have sold worldwide.
- 1.3 million discreet wi-fi connection users totalling over 40 million gameplay sessions (yawn).
- Final Fantasy III displayed, will have improved graphics, yadda yadda.
- Tony Hawk Downhill Jam shown. Will have Voip like Hunters, but during gameplay as well.
- Zelda Phantom Hourglass shown. No new info.
- The biggest DS announcement: Yoshi’s Island 2, Starfox DS, and Diddy Kong Racing.
- 100 new games for DS from now until end of calendar year 2006, including Mario Hoops 3 on 3, Starfox DS, Diddy Kong Racing, Final Fantasy III, Yoshi’s Island 2, Elite Beat Agents (Ouendan, localized and reworked for the US), Pokemon Myster Dungeon, Diddy Kong Racing, Big Brain Academy, Mario vs. DK: March of the Minis.
- More number crunching and philosophy talk.
The only worthwhile bit of the DS portion was the announcement of sequels to Diddy Kong Racing, Star Fox, and Yoshi’s Island. Besides that it was a bunch of games we already knew about and a confirmation of Ouendan coming stateside.
Show begins tomorrow.