Several big-name Japanese newspapers are dishing out details on Nintendoâ€™s next redesign for the DS. Imported newspaper scans translated by NeoGAF lay it all on the table.
– Camera included
– Digital music playback feature
– Wireless connection function power up
-Allows users to wirelessly connect to â€œinformation terminalsâ€
– Larger screen
– Will be released in Japan this year/ U.S. release is â€œbeing consideredâ€
– Priced under 20000 Yen ($188 U.S dollars)
– New games can use camera
– Can transfer data from the Wii, or SD card.
Could this be what the upcoming Nintendo conference is all about, or are these Japanese news outlets blowing hot air again? Personally these details just donâ€™t make sense. Wouldnâ€™t larger screens stretch the old DS games to an ugly resolution? Another element that doesnâ€™t seem to add up is the inclusion of a camera, and music player when majority of people already own both. What really kills this rumor is added SD card support which opens the door even wider for piracy.
You can take it, or leave it, but one thing is for sureâ€¦I smell some megatons approaching.