Those of you who anxiously purchased Rock Band 2 Wii over the past week have unfortunately met an error when trying to access the Music Store. Harmonix assures that they are hard at work on delivering the content within the next few weeks/months.
The downloadable content is in the final testing stages and Harmonix is working as fast as possible to deliver the 20 free bonus songs for Rock Band 2, plus an additional 30 songs from the Rock Band DLC Catalog to fans as early in 2009 as possible. As soon as we can announce a firm date, you can be sure the Rock Band community will be the first to know.
It’s unfortunate that Harmonix was unable to provide a solid store offering at launch, but the future of downloadable song content looks optimistic. Hit the jump to see which 20 free songs you’ll be receiving.
- The 88 – “Sons and Daughters”
- Authority Zero – “No Regrets”
- Between the Buried and Me – “Prequel To The Sequel”
- The Cab – “Bounce”
- The Chevelles – “Get It On”
- The Cocktail Slippers – “Give It To Me”
- Dealership – “Database Corrupted”
- Endeverafter – “I Wanna Be Your Man”
- The Ghost Hounds – “Ashes To Fire”
- Hollywood Undead – “Young”
- Kutless – “The Feeling”
- The Len Price 3 – “If I Ain’t Got You”
- Lesley Roy – “I’m Gone, I’m Going”
- Opiate for the Masses – “Burn You Down”
- Semi-Precious Weapons – “Magnetic Baby”
- Shaimus – “Like a Fool”
- Thenewno2″ – Crazy Tuesday”
- Tickle Me Pink – “The Time Is Wrong”
- Underoath – “Desperate Times, Desperate Measures”
- X Japan – “I.V.”
Not quite a star line-up, but you can’t argue with free DLC.
If you haven’t picked this gem up yet then do so now. It easily beats out Guitar Hero for top Wii music game. Just make sure you use GHWT instruments with RB2 for the complete band experience from both sides. Expect a full review later this week.