The latest issue of GameInformer (June 2008) contains the first details on this fallâ€™s, Guitar Hero IV for PS3, 360, Wii, PS2. Neversoft mentioned that they would continue the Guitar Hero franchise regardless of rival game, Rock Band, but would incorporate new features into instruments. Early details below…
- New Guitar design that will “impact the way you play GH in the future”.
- New instruments: Drums, Bass, Vocals, Lead)
- Unkown if GHIV will support RockBand perphrials.
- Create a song mode. (No Vocals)
- You can name the song and create album art. Songs can then be uploaded to GH Tunes where others may download it. 5 Song limit, but good ratings can get you 10 or more.
- The Wii and PS2 versions allow song sharing, but wonâ€™t be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.
- Create Rocker mode
- Create a Guitars and Drums
- All songs will be master tracks that so far include the following bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Sublime, and Linkin Park
- Unknown transparent notes that are a new input mechanic which is being incorporated.
Wow! Forget getting Rock Band, folks. I’m holding out for GHIV. Expect more details in the upcoming weeks.